The family that I nanny for bought some golden beets, and asked me to prepare them however I want while B took a nap. I’ve never cooked beets in my life. I felt like I was in an iron chef competition, being given some strange ingredient I was supposed to make taste amazing.
And guess what? I did it.
Roasted Golden Beets with Balsamic Glaze
– 4 Golden beets
– Drizzle of olive oil
– Sea salt to taste
– 1/4 c. Balsamic vinegar
– 1 Tbsp. Honey
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash, peel, and slice the beets into 1/4 in. slices.
2. Arrange in a single layer on a pan, and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt to taste.
3. Roast at 400 for 20-25 minutes, until soft and golden brown.
4. In the meantime, add balsamic vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer for a couple minutes until thickened.
5. Arrange beets in serving dish, and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.