There’s only a few foods in the world that I just can’t put down once I start eating. Thin mints are one of them. And today, I have discovered one more.
I didn’t expect much from these donuts, but we had the ingredients and the time, so I just whipped up a batch. Holy. Moly. I was immediately addicted. I ate three of them on the way out the door to take a picture of them. (Outside seems to be the only place I can get a decent picture. Now you know my little secret. Sorry that my kitchen is a dungeon.)
Anyway, I should have known it would be good. I mean, butter, sugar, cinnamon, and FRIED? I guess I just wasn’t thinking that deeply 😉
Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
from Little Bit Funky.
- 1 package Pillsbury Grands homestyle biscuits
- 1/2 inch vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- Cinnamon-sugar (I didn’t measure anything, just added as I went).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. (The smaller the pan, the less oil you have to use). Oil is the right temperature when you flick water into it, and it sizzles without popping.
- Cut holes in the biscuits using a small cookie cutter, or use a straw and stretch the hole a little bit.
- Using tongs, dip the dough into the oil, and move it around a bit so it doesn’t stick. Let cook to your desired level of brown-ness (I personally like them a little darker), then flip and let the other side cook.
- Let the donuts cool just enough so you can handle them, then dip in the melted butter and into the cinnamon sugar.
- Stuff your face while they’re still hot! They’re still good cold, but seriously, you gotta try them hot.