For those days you “just can’t even”.
This is the type of soup you crave when you’re sick, but don’t have the energy to make it. And then you look at the recipe and realize, “by golly, that looks easy.” My favorite part about this recipe is that it makes so much. I can put some in the freezer for another sick day. I got the recipe here, but I’ll post it the way I decided to make it.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded, and skin/bones removed.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 6 ounces macaroni noodles (shells would be great in this, too).
- Sprinkling of parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sauté carrots and onions in the olive oil for about 5 minutes
- Add chicken broth, parsley, salt, and pepper, and bring to boil
- Add in shredded chicken and noodles and cook (at a boil) until noodles are done